Thyroid disease is a battle for all those people who are suffering from this. It has become a matter of serious concern for almost 11 million Americans. In America it is considered that 4 out of 100 women face some kind of thyroid symptoms.
When thyroid gland stops responding to the release of thyroid stimulating hormone from the pituitary glands, it results in hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism. It can even be caused when the thyroid glands gets inflamed or sluggish. As compared to men this condition affects women more.
If a person is plagued with thyroid, he/she requires lifelong treatment. But what are those situations which causes thyroid malfunction.
Underlying Causes and Types of Thyroid
The following are the various types of thyroid disorders.
3. Postpartum Thyroiditis
Causes of Thyroid Malfunction
1. Very little production of thyroid hormones leads to thyroid dysfunction and hypothyroidism
2. Extreme production of thyroid hormones in body results out in Hyperthyroidism
3. Iodine deficiency is the main cause of thyroid disorder
4. Another major cause of this disease is high stress level and due to this, certain hormones are released in the body like Cortisol, which affects the endocrine system eventually leads to thyroid malfunction
5. Genetic factor is also a main reason of thyroid amongst many people. If a family member has struggled with this, then another member may get this disorder too
6. Pregnancy leads to massive changes in body and thus to some extent it shows the way to thyroid
Symptoms of Thyroid Disease
Weight gain or loss, feeling warm or cold, problem in conceiving, anxiety, trembling heartbeat, eye discomfort, diarrhea, sluggishness, menstrual changes, constipation, depression, weakness, dry hair and skin and extreme fatigue are some of the major symptoms of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. Blood test is the best way to detect it.
So, from the symptoms which are mentioned above, we can say that thyroid alone can give you many physical and mental problems. People who face this disorder generally take medicines on a daily basis and these medicines gives relief from thyroid but are there ways by which a person can handle this problem, if he or she is not in a bad condition. Yes, there are some easy homemade solutions. Let’s have a look at some of the effective natural remedies of thyroid.
Homemade Solutions to Cure Thyroid Disorder
1. There are certain foods which can accelerate the problem of thyroid. Try to avoid cabbage, sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower etc from the diet, as these can block thyroid function
2. Lemon juice detox programme once in a year helps in the healing of thyroid malfunction
3. Replace your iodized salt with sea salt is another good remedy of tackling this disorder
4. An herb called oat straw is considered as a healing remedy of thyroid problem
So after reading out all the necessary information regarding thyroid disorder, if you think that your thyroid gland is acting up, then consult a good doctor and rectify it as soon as possible for a healthier and happier life.