Vitamin C is one of the most beneficial and popular of all the vitamins. If we consume this vitamin on a daily basis then it can give us many health benefits. Vitamin C is famous for its capability of strengthening the immune system. But it has many other benefits also.
Some of the Best Health Benefits of Vitamin C
- Immunity- Vitamin C boosts the immune system and it is a well known component of our immune system. A healthy immune system secures our body from several infections and it maintains healthy teeth and bones.
- Antioxidant- Vitamin C is a great antioxidant and these antioxidants protects us from heart diseases, cancers etc. It secures our body from free radicals that gives us stress. It is also helpful in the supply of vitamin E in the body.
- Common Cold- Vitamin C fights against viruses, bacteria, and infections. It diminishes the unpleasant effect of common cold including aches and stuffy nose.
- Hypertension- This vitamin lessens the feasibility of hypertension and as well as serious health problems like cardiovascular diseases.
- Cataracts- It helps in the proper and healthy functioning of eyes. Lack of vitamin C can show you the way of cataract. So add vitamin C and increase the blood flow in your eyes for cataract free beautiful eyes
- Blood vessels- Vitamin C makes sure the proper dilation of blood vessels which can secures us from ailments like high cholesterol, heart diseases, angina pectoris etc.
Apart from these health benefits, vitamin C also gives us wonderful skin benefits. It is generally known as the ‘vitamin of skin’
Skin Benefits of Vitamin C
- It cleanses and exfoliates the skin
- This vitamin lessens the effect of hyper pigmentation
- Vitamin C lessens the effect of sunburn. It moisturizes and softens the skin texture
- It increases the elasticity of skin and helps our skin repair itself
- Vitamin C augments the production of collagen. It aids in the growth of blood vessels and cells thus it makes skin firm and strength
- This vitamin slows the rate of free radical damage and due to this it protects our skin from wrinkles and fine lines
- Vitamin C reduces the inflammation and improves the appearance of sun damaged skin
Now you can see that vitamin C is a powerful vitamin which cures a number of health problems. So add more vitamin C in your diet and keep yourself free from stress and other health ailments.